The secrets of home staging for a quick home sale
Real Estate agents have long been using staging as a way to make a home much more attractive for a fast sale home, look inviting yet they are not too personal. If you want to have your home staged and you would like your real estate agent arrange this for you, it will be way easier and you needn’t worry about the post results, given your realtor is a trusted one and works with a regular team of stagers.
What professional staging is really about and how do stagers work?
- 1.) A good interior designer will look around and will instantly know what should go and what should stay, how to accentuate the positives and how to push back the negatives within any room.
- 2.) Staging is a way to show the attractiveness of a home but without all the quirks, dirt and used things which would otherwise be there if one actually lived in the property. Therefore staging is a bit like creating an unrealistic yet realistic living area that looks as best as possible. This is generally done by emptying the whole home and getting rented furniture that’s arranged as nice as possible, showing your home in its best light. Of course staging is preceded by a total cleaning, many times painting and other fixture works and last but not least the almost total emptying out of the home’s current content.
- 3.) If you want to get your home or house staged either rent a storage place and stay at a hotel or at a relative or if you have the chance to move, move your things to the new home as soon as possible, except for kitchen appliances and the furniture that can be left as statement furniture by the time of staging.
- 4.) Staging is about accentuating the best positive features of a room, making every space look and feel more spacious and overall a very friendly, home-like place to be.
- 5.) Staging such as regular interior design has lots of advantages for the seller and this also includes not having to go through the stress of seeing practical strangers touch your things. This way it is a good way to prepare the mind for moving and handing over the home for others to continue living in it. It’s a way of detachment to happen more easily. It helps you to view your home as someone else’s property.
All in all, the art of staging is about creating harmony between all the rooms of a house, showing a real living space that’s yet impersonal while being warm and inviting and always has a good energy flow. This means one can freely walk around without disruptions. If I wanted to sell my house quickly, I would surely turn to a stager, as they can also give me tons of tips on how to furnish my next home. Well staged homes are usually sold at a much higher price too!